Who We Are & How We Serve Our Clients
Bonnie Ashby Sewell,
CFP®, CDFA™, AIF® - Our Founder
Bonnie has been working with families as a Certified Financial Planner for families since 1992. Previous to that she owned a tax practice. She also earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, designation and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst designation, CDFA™. She served on the following boards: National Board for the Financial Planning Association (FPA), South Region Board for the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), Foundation for Financial Planning board. She is past President on the Board of Directors for the non-profit Loudoun Therapeutic Riding.
- Interviewed by CNBC’s Sharon Epperson, October 2010
- Speaker at Investment News Retirement Income Summit “The Golden Fears”, NYC, March 2009
- Served as Georgia’s Secretary of State Cathy Cox’s Retirement Planning Speaker in her Investment Education Series, “Money Counts” with letters of commendation, 2004-2006
- Columnist for the industry’s Journal of Financial Planning through 2011
- Author, "Love-Jacked! Divorce Your Spouse, Not Your Dollars", 2012, updated 2017
- Interviewed on Executive Leaders Radio, December 19 2013
- Interviewed on Wharton Business Radio, May 15, 2014
- Panelist at the 2nd Annual Invest in Women Conference, Dallas, May 2016, and 3rd Annual in May 2017
- Presenter at the National Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts, Chicago, May 2016
- Presented to Fairfax, VA Bar Association (Family Law Section), July 2016
- Presented to National Conference (NAPFA), October 2016
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, Shareholders Service Group Annual Conference, San Diego, April 2017
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, AICPA PFS Conference, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, June 2017
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, University of Santa Cruz, August 2017
- “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce” for 2 webinars @ cpaacademy.org, September/October 2017.
- When Your Clients Divorce-What Matters Most in 2018, presented to over 2,000 CPAs by webinar @ cpaacademy.org, January 2018-October 2018
- Speaker, “Top 5 Financial Disruptions and Solutions for Women”, Ellevate Network @ Freddie Mac, February 2018
- Speaker, “Financial Planning During Divorce: Help Your Clients Get Back to the Future, Aurora Training, January 2019
- Speaker, “Helping Divorced Clients Get Back to the Future”, @ cpaacademy.org, January 2019
Expert testimony relating to divorce:
I prepare expert testimony for private arbitration and court cases relating to divorce.
I also work in mediation and private negotiations. This can include lifestyle analysis, net worth projections, income on assets, working capital, tax impact, income & spending, financial impact of a particular scenario.
Certified Financial Planner™, CFP®
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™, CDFA™
Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, AIF®
Having worked in a leadership role in senior living, Jessie is passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals through personal finance to secure their future. Jessie lives in Charleston, SC, with her family and is currently a CFP® student.
Jessie’s role is to help with the many day to day duties of running a compliant fee-only financial services firm continuing a high service level while efficiently employing the best technology. We want your client experience to be exceptional and a professional client relationship manager will assure continued concierge and personal service.
How We Serve Our Clients
Fiduciary, Fee-only, Flat Fee
Only 23.13% of CFPs are female
Less than 15% of owners of advisory firms are female
We have advanced degrees, MS in Financial Planning and MS in Healthcare Administration
We have CFP®, CDFA®, AIF® on staff
We have nearly 3 decades experience
We have been where you are
Why do we offer wealth management in a boutique setting? We enjoy delivering professional services on a very personal level. Because when we spread the wealth around, we all benefit. Women and their families benefit. Because financially strong women are an asset the world needs.
Why do we specialize in divorce financial planning? So that other 9-year-old girls don’t grow up without money and think that makes them worthless. So that other 9-year-old girls won't be embarrassed or ashamed about what’s happening to their families. So that other 9-year-old girls don't grow up to be wives who lose their voice in their marriage and wait decades to live their best life. Because when there are enough resources in the family, those resources should be split more evenly so that everyone can move forward financially, not just one of them. Because all women should be able to make the choice to have families with the partners they love and trust and, if that ever breaks down, they should be able to claim their share of what they helped build.
Now. There is a real cost to waiting. Time value of money means that if we wait till next year to save, we can never get back that year’s interest or dividends. Rather than be overwhelmed by what you don’t know, relax in the knowledge we can help – that’s what we do. Progress, not perfection. We will be with you every step of the way as you create a life you love.
"Wealth is the ability to fully experience life."
Henry David Thoreau